Are you always searching for something good to post?
Searching for something good to post can take more time than actually posting!
To help you be more efficient, I’ve made a list of 30 new Instagram Stories ideas to get you moving faster.
How to Use Instagram Stories Effectively
The purpose of stories is not to get new people to see your content, but to get your current community seeing your content more often, staying top of mind with your community and building credibility in a relational way.
Think of Instagram Stories like your Vlog. Show the behind the scenes of your church and be raw, authentic, silly and unscripted.
This is your chance to humanize your church and show that you are all real people and not all perfect like it may seem.
This is also your place to tell stories, hence the name Instagram Stories.
You can tell stories about your church, about your community and leadership. Paint the picture of who you are.
Stories are also a great way to boost engagement using Instagram Stories Stickers. For more ways to use Instagram Stories Stickers, head to this post: Instagram Hack 99% of Churches Don't Know: Increase Engagement Using Stories Stickers.
If you want to know how many stories to post, I recommend 5-10 per day if you have the capacity! If you aren’t there yet, work up to that.
To make it super easy for you, below I’ve listed 30 Instagram Stories Ideas that you can use every day for 30 days.
30 New Instagram Stories Ideas for Churches
- 30-60 second video of your Pastor peaking curiosity about the upcoming message or series
- Share a list of recommended Christian books and why they are great
- Go behind the scenes of church work with staff and leadership
- Highlight your volunteers
- Poll your community about what they want to learn
- Answer a frequently asked question with a video
- Ask your Pastors/leaders to share what God is teaching them right now
- Share your feed posts, reels, IGTVs on your stories
- Share an old post or top post you've made in the past
- Day in the life of your Pastors/Leadership/Staff
- Share a quote that motivates you
- Share the story of how your church got started
- Give a mini/quick lesson from your favorite scripture
- Ask a leader or your Pastor to share why they do what they do
- Do a quiz on surprising bible trivia (make sure its surprising, not boring)
- Have the youth ministry take over your IG stories for a day and share what they do day to day
- Share a mistake you see people make when it comes to following God and how to overcome
- Show your work set up
- Show your teams preparing for events and services
- Share what other platforms you are on
- Poll your community on a controversial topic
- Share your 5 favorite Pastors/Churches to follow on Instagram and why
- Share the process of how someone can get involved at your church
- Share the gospel
- Quick testimonials of your training classes
- Share your pastors morning routine or a few morning routines of your leadership team
- Quiz your audience on how well they know the Pastor(s) or leadership team
- Use 3-5 quiz stickers to see what your community knows about your upcoming series.
- Talk about the power of prayer in your stories. Then ask your community to DM you their prayer requests so you can pray for them.
- Use the question box to ask what people want to learn next in small groups
Think of Instagram Stories like your new Vlog.
Show the behind the scenes of your church and be raw, authentic, silly and unscripted.
For more ways to use Instagram Stories Stickers, head to this post: Instagram Hack 99% of Churches Don't Know: Increase Engagement Using Stories Stickers.